Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Talking is work

I found myself in bed at 5 PM this afternoon - no breakfast, no lunch - and i was forced to take a hard look at my life and my choices.

This is an all time low in terms of productivity. My mother didn't even bother waking me up when she had lunch. Much later, she told me that she did wake me up but I replied with a "mmmrhmrhhh" and she gave up on getting me out of bed.

My body clock is seriously messed up but you already knew that. I don't know what it is. I read an article once about how morning people are more productive, more efficient, and generally living a better life. Seriously. Where is the article that night owls have it better?

Something happens when I've been left alone to stew for too long. I get too wrapped up in my thoughts. Whenever I have to interact with peers again, I end up mumbling a lot and halfheartedly telling jokes. I'd set up a joke and lose steam and never finish it which ends up frustrating the person I tell it to. It's not my fault that it only occurs to me midway that what I'm getting at would only be funny to me specifically. It only occurs to me midway that not everybody shares my sense of humor.

What's the point of all this anyway? Well, tomorrow there's the CAP officer orientation which I apparently have to attend. I must clarify that it is indeed mandatory else I won't bother. Social interaction can wait until Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment